- Full-Time (Remote)
Affordable Medical Benefits after 30 days (Including Vision and Dental)
6% Match on 401K
Multiple growth opportunities associated with the position as well as in the overall company
Schedules production to optimize the utilization of plant equipment and personnel in support of plant activities to achieve maximum capacity utilization at low cost position. Key member of the Plant Management team coordinating and performing numerous critical tasks described below. Works closely with plant management to identify and implement debottlenecking activities, process improvements, and investment strategies
- Directly supervises Plant supporting staff (Supervisors, Team Leads) and serves as backup to these position in any absence.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures including use of safety equipment (PPE) and equipment safeguards.
- Reviews QC and production data ensuring products are being produced to specification. Works with Plant Manager to ensure products are produced efficiently according to established production rates to more effectively manage equipment and personnel.
- Responsible for ensuring food safety and notifying the Quality Manager of any incident affecting food safety.
- Coordinates production schedule with Inventory Control Specialist, site management, commercial group, purchasing, and transportation and operations personnel.
- Assists plant management team, supervisory, and operations personnel to improve plant efficiency and improve the accuracy of production documentation through coaching, training and mentoring.
- Schedules equipment and shift personnel in the most efficient manner based on availability of equipment, personnel and raw materials, in order to meet customer requirements and sales forecasts at the lowest possible cost.
- Works closely with the Plant Manager, Human Resources and Supervisors to ensure that personnel are operating at or above standard expectations. Assists in the review process of operator performances to develop strategies for maximizing output of all employees.
- Trains and mentors all supporting staff (Supervisors, Team Leads) to ensure best utilization of talent, and growth potential for future roles.
- Reviews inventory on a frequent basis and resolves any discrepancies between physical and perpetual inventory levels.
- Ensures that off spec and slow moving inventories are kept at the lowest possible levels, and are reprocessed efficiently. Participates with the plant manager in the monthly slow-moving inventory meeting with Accounting.
- Facilitates regular strategic production planning discussions with site management and the commercial sales teams.
- Works closely with the R&D department to coordinate production of process development items (PDI).
- Initiates incident reports and corrective action requests (CARs) as they relate to safety, GMP, and/or GDP standard operating procedures.
- Coordinates purchases of expensed items for production.
- Manages the training of new operation personnel.
- Must have a hands-on approach to Managing
- Serves as back up to Plant Manager.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Technicaldegree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Must have at least 5-10 years experience in a Manufacturing environment, with at least 3 years in a management role (Food or Pharma a plus)
- Strong production planning skills required (ERP systems or similar)
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Must possess proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, administrative skills, and an ability to multi-task, prioritization skills, and excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Inventory and quality experience a plus
PI112566980* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...