- Full-Time (Remote)
The Supply Chain Planning Coordinator will play an integral role in Balchems success by leading our operational planning and materials management activities. The position will focus on improving both short-term tactical and long-term strategic initiatives related to material flow, scheduling and inventory management. To accomplish this, the Supply Chain Planning Coordinator must be a strong communicator, demonstrate strong leadership skills, be comfortable driving cross-functional change initiatives, and create and execute a strategic roadmap related to supply chain initiatives. This individual will act as a key liaison between Purchasing, Customer Service, Plant Operations and Commercial teams. The role will be responsible for managing our inventory position; ensuring safe days' supplies of inventory are maintained across the division, mitigating out of stock risk, ensuring customers expectations are met, while optimizing production costs and network utilization.
- Manage and oversee the planning (MPS/MRP/DRP) processes and systems for the Slate Hill, NY Encapsulation Business (including external partners).
- Maintain the Supply Chain planning data model, including inventory targets and resulting purchasing for raw materials (reorder points and reorder quantities) while mitigating obsolescence risks.
- Maximize Capacity Utilization through advanced planning techniques such as campaign planning, material/resource optimization, and economic production quantity evaluation.
- Creates long-term capacity models to ensure that Balchem has the right capacity to service the future growth of company.
- Assist in progressing planning processes and systems to further improve accuracy while reducing administrative effort.
- Establish, measure, analyze, and report key process metrics and monitor business objective adherence to key performance indicators.
- Ensure and monitor inventory levels to improve service, minimize excess & overages and improve working capital.
- Places purchase orders, as required, in support of the Operations group and other departments.
- Maintains the effective administration of the MRP/ERP systems through timely entries and daily review of critical purchasing and inventory data.
- Facilitates the timely purchase of goods, within acceptable lead times from vendors through regular coordination with plant operations personnel.
- Interacts daily with the Purchasing Manager/Director to evaluate the effectiveness of ongoing negotiations and the purchasing system.
- Lead Encapsulation S&OP process.
- Prepare and facilitate Consensus Supply Chain Planning meetings to balance agreed demand with planned purchases and inventory levels.
- Influence and collaborate with key partners in marketing, sales (field sales, corporate sales managers and directors), and finance and address input gaps as identified by forecast error review & other means.
- Assess the impact of market changes or significant variances in the forecast and recommend appropriate revisions and tactics.
- Lead commercialization process for product changes and new products.
- Act as main contact for commercial group.
- Manage outside warehouses as needed and provide inventory for those warehouses to meet customer orders while keeping levels at a minimum.
- Act as first point of contact for key internal stakeholders on any logistics/service issues.
- Develop reports, tools and statistical analysis that will assist management in identifying issues/risk and develop plans to mitigate.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers to improve communication flow and effectiveness and reduce risk.
- Demonstrates flexibility, Strong communication skills coupled and ability to solve problems.
- Exerts influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization and drives change.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum five (5) years of supply chain experience, preferably in the food industry.
- Bachelors Degree preferred, in a Supply Chain/Engineering, Logistics or a business-related discipline.
- Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts.
- Effective analysis/problem solving/decision-making skills.
- Proficient with MRP/ERP systems.
- Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access.
- Organizational skills for efficient office control are mandatory.
- Solid decision-making skills.
PI112567008* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...