Relevant experience and education will be taken into consideration when determining actual starting pay rate.
The Floating Customer Service Representative/Teller Support Specialist performs a variety of duties to provide quality customer service which includes promoting/selling bank products and services in a variety of branch locations. The person in this position will routinely move between the teller line and the customer service desk as needed.
Ideal candidate should have two to three (2-3) years bank and/or customer service experience.
Education and Training:
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Internal product knowledge with seminar attendance
* Internal teller training
* Proficient math, interpersonal and communication skills
* Proficient computer skills
* Thorough knowledge of the Bank's products and systems
* Routinely work on both the teller line and the platform in a variety of office locations to provide assistance to customers using quality service standards. Teller responsibilities include, but are not limited to, accepting and processing customer transactions, accurate daily balancing, and adherence to bank policies and procedures
* Work with other members of the branch team to achieve branch goals
* Determine customer needs; explain and sell products
* Telephone customers to set up sales appointments
* Conduct needs-based sales interviews
* Participate in branch prospecting efforts
* Cooperate with other departments to provide service, solve problems and achieve bank goals
* Open and close depository accounts
* Assist customers with requests and problems by telephone and in person. Such items would include stop payments, wire transfers, balance discrepancies, loan information, etc.
* Serve as liaison between customers and Operations Center
* Prepare memos, letters, and reports
* Maintain proficient knowledge of, and demonstrate ongoing compliance with all laws and regulations applicable to this position, ensure ongoing adherence to pertinent policies, procedures, and internal controls, and meet all job-specific training requirements in a timely fashion
* Perform other related duties as assigned or directed
As an integral member of the Branch Department, this position is also responsible to provide assistance wherever necessary to help the Branch and the Bank in achieving their annual goals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, user hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands or arms, and speak and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to focus.
Human Resources Contact: Madeleine Carr
Community Bank System, Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer who fully embraces diversity - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Associated topics: bank teller, branch, branch teller, client, customer, customer service, deposit, saving, service representative, teller
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.