- Compass Group, North America
24 Stevens St
*Posted Date:* Aug 2, 2019
* We have an opening for a full-time *SUPERVISOR, SHIFT-HOURLY* position.
* *Location*: Norwalk Hospital-34 Maple Street, Norwalk, CT 06856 /Note: online applications accepted _only_./
* *Schedule*: F/T- Monday through Friday. Occasional Weekends. More details upon interview.
* *Requirement*: Previous supervisory experience required.
*We are excited to announce the launch of our new pre-recorded video interviewing technology to fast track your career with our award-winning organization! When you submit an hourly job application, you will be invited to participate in a short video introduction. Click here to get a sneak peek preview!*
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 600 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison's hospital kitchens, restaurants and caf?s feature socially responsible practices and exceptional guest experiences. The company's Mindful Choices wellness and sustainability platform includes the latest in healthful eating and an understanding of behavioral change in food consumption. The Atlanta-based company was named one of Modern Healthcare magazine's \"Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in 2013\" and one of Training Magazine's top 125 for 2014.
*Full time associates at Morrison Healthcare are offered many fantastic benefits such as:*
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
* Commuter Benefits
* Wellness Program
* Employee Assistance Program
* Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
* Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
* Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
* Discount Marketplace
* And other voluntary benefits
*Summary:* Direct the activities of associates during a specific shift and oversee that assigned job expectations are completed while policy and procedure is maintained.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities:*
* Responsible for providing training and creating work schedules.
* Evaluating the performance of workers, rewarding high performers and disciplining employees who fail to meet reasonable standards of work performance.
* Prepare production or sales reports for management and ensure their unit meets the expectations for quality, productivity and safety.
* Acts as the contact person for employees with complaints or requests for time off.
* May act as a mentor, develop employees and encourage workers to set goals and strive for advancement within the organization.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry*
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. /*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)./
Req ID: 306516
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...