Employment Type: Full-Time
Located in the U.S. and a subsidiary of Kongsberg Maritime, Hydroid is the world's most trusted manufacturer of advanced Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs). Our marine robotics systems provide innovative and reliable full-picture solutions for the marine research, defense, hydrographic and offshore/energy markets. Our products represent the most advanced, diversified and field-proven family of AUVs and AUV support systems in the world.
Hydroid employees are passionate about their work and strive to produce top-quality products and service. All products are designed and manufactured at the Hydroid facilities in Pocasset, MA.Responsibilities
- Design and document electrical system wiring diagrams, cable assemblies, and circuit card assemblies.
- Demonstrate proficiency in low power analog and digital design, ORCAD, and firmware coding such as Texas Instrument digital signal processors, PIC microcontrollers, and x86 microprocessors for underwater applications.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and develops and maintains accurate bills of materials and processes sheets.
- Interface with PC boards layout personnel.
- Write engineering change orders and work with manufacturing to troubleshoot boards and system level problems.
- Assist manufacturing with any electrical problems or troubleshooting of components.
- Assist purchasing to locate equivalent components to either long-lead or obsolete components.
- Write/incorporate Engineering Change Orders to existing documentation.
- Fabricate PC boards and tests fixtures.
- Solve all electrical technical problems with all ocean instruments and underwater vehicles.
- Provide program/project direction and cost schedules.
- Work with and supports sales/marketing functions.
- Provide labor material and cost estimates.
- Travel to offsite and possibly overseas locations, as required.
- Follow safety procedures as set forth by the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) from four-year college or university; and six or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MSEE preferred.
- Manufacturing experience required.
- Underwater vehicle manufacturing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, OrCAD Capture, Deltek Costpoint or similar ERP system, Atlassian JIRA, MATLAB and familiarity with EPDM software.
- The ideal candidate is an individual that can work in a fast paced environment; with a high attention to detail, excellent problem solving skills, ability to multi-task and enthusiastic attitude.
A condition of this position will require the successful Applicant to pass a government security investigation and must subsequently receive authorization to access US Department of Defense Controlled Unclassified Information ("CUI") and potentially classified information.
We offer a very competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including 75% company paid medical and dental insurance. The company also offers paid Life, STD, LTD, tuition reimbursement and 401K with company match, and more.
Hydroid is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/AA/M/F/V/D Employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need assistance with the application process as a result of your disability please call 1-508-563-6565 or mail your request to 1 Henry Drive, Pocasset, MA 02559, Attn: Employment Application Assistance.Don't forget to check us out here!Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HydroidInc/ LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/2687093 YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL98CMrgZp0XpHM22GtxGEA
Loading some great jobs for you...