Employment Type: Full-Time
At the NBA, we're passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league's on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world's most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA's success.
Seeking a dynamic and motivated candidate well versed in the digital space with in-depth knowledge in at least some of these verticals: digital subscription and licensing models, digital content publishing, digital analytics, digital product and/or project management, digital payments, digital advertising. You will be instrumental delivering on the department strategic priorities and enabling our partners to succeed. You will be working closely with International Media Distribution account management and business development teams supporting various areas of this growing business. The role will provide you exposure to a spectrum of digital business verticals and is best suited for someone with strong fundamentals in specific digital areas and willing to learn new ones.
* Work closely with staff in NY/NJ and the international offices to support the various NBA's international digital partners.
* NBA International digital partnerships include 21 localized versions of nba.com (e.g. Globo in Brazil, SKY in UK), 15 OTT platforms (e.g. PlayStation, XBOX) and over 20 International NBA League Pass agreements (e.g. Tencent in China, Rakuten in Japan). The candidate should become fluent in all the above deals, have a good understanding of the different business models and maximize the value of each partnership for the parties involved.
* Understand the NBA's assets, offerings, services and internal processes needed to better serve the partnerships and support the internal teams.
* Facilitate prioritization of sales opportunities, partner onboarding and account management roadmaps and coordinate accordingly with internal product and marketing teams among others.
* Be proactive and resourceful; solve any issues that might arise with tact and diplomacy.
* Manage external vendors and coordinate with internal stakeholders to drive product growth.
* Support in the overall organization of the digital partnerships team: maintaining and updating reference documents, internal trackers and project management tools, be a point of contact with the international offices facilitating communication across teams.
* Understand marketplace trends, new products/technologies and consumer behavior to spot opportunities.
* Outstanding organizational skills.
* Proven track record in managing multiple projects, setting priorities and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
* Fluency in MS Office package especially Excel and Powerpoint.
* Ability to professionally prepare information to be presented to internal and external stakeholders.
* Ability to work cross-functionally in a global, matrix organization.
* Can-do attitude and ability to work on both large projects and smaller operational tasks.
* Attention to detail.
* High sense of teamwork.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience, at least 2 of them in digital media space.
* Previous exposure to account management and/or project management.
* International experience or knowledge highly preferred.
* Second language fluency a plus.
* Understanding of digital media ecosystem including key players and trends.
* Understanding of web, mobile and OTT (Over The Top) technologies.
* Prior media or sports experience a plus.
* Understanding of media rights landscape a plus.
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.
Associated topics: cad, cadence, chip, design engineer, engineer i, hardware engineer, layout, pcb, rf, semiconductor
Loading some great jobs for you...