- Sports Equipment
27 French Ave
At PGA TOUR Superstore, we're always looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible individuals who will share a passion for helping transform our business. As one of the fastest growing specialty retailers, we're dedicated to hiring selfless team players from different backgrounds to influence the growth of our organization. Part of the Arthur M. Blank Family of Businesses, PGA TOUR Superstore continuously strives to create a family culture for our Associates - driven by our vision to inspire people through golf and tennis. Position Summary
Reporting to the General Manager, the Assistant Store Manager - Operations ensures that store operations and service programs are consistently implemented and processes and procedures are executed. They ensure that all service programs are providing a high level of customer satisfaction and through controlling expenses that are related to operations. They manage the Services Supervisor to ensure execution of the priorities to drive sales in services. They ensure operational procedures are in place to minimize inventory shrinkage by managing the Front End and Receiving associates and area. The Ops Manager models the PGA TOUR Superstore core values of cultivating our customers and developing our associates. They utilize strong business acumen and retail knowledge to formulate goals, develop objectives, and lead a team of associates to execute tasks. Key Responsibilities:
The Assistant Store Manager - Operations supports the General Manager in all aspects of store operations and ensures that the PGA TOUR Superstore experience is provided to all customers. The Ops Manager ensures:
Store service programs are executed to provide a consistent level of excellent service.
Scheduling needs are addressed to ensure trained and qualified associates are available at key times in all areas.
Inventory integrity is maintained by reviewing key reports, monitoring front end associates and issues, and making inventory adjustments as needed.
All departments are prepared for the physical inventory process, all merchandise is properly counted, and reports are properly completed and sent to Accounting.
Operational directives are communicated and completed by their assigned deadlines.
All procedures and processes on the Front End and Back End of the store are implemented, and that other managers resolve paperwork issues in their respective areas. Supervise Front End and Back End associates to the proper execution of processes.
The store event calendar is maintained and communicated to all associates (with the General Manager).
All associate recruiting, hiring, coaching, counseling, training, and performance evaluations are executed following company guidelines.
Associates participating in potentially terminable offenses are suspended pending investigation by the General Manager.Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Communication: Strong listening and interpersonal skills. Candidates must possess good verbal and written communication skills and communicate cross-functionally. Candidates must communicate expectations and instructions to associates.
- Analytical: Candidates must have strong strategic skills, be able to forecast business needs, and develop comprehensive solutions to complex problems. They must identify opportunities and develop solutions to increase sales and improve operational processes.
- Computer: Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and the Internet.
- Organization: Candidates must be able to organize multiple priorities to ensure that resources are properly allocated to meet objectives.
- Education: The knowledge, skills, and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a G.E.D. or high school diploma.
- Experience: Two (2) years of experience in management, sales and associate development preferred.
- Working conditions and physical demands:
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, climb up and down a ladder, move throughout the store, and lift a 30 lb. box overhead.
- Candidate must be able to work a flexible work week, and work nights, weekends, and holidays depending on business needs.
PGA TOUR Superstores is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Other Duties
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We comply with all laws that prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, and any other legally protected status. Employment discrimination isn't just unlawful, it violates our policies and is not who we are. Every associate at every level in the organization is prohibited from engaging in any form of discrimination.
An associate who believes s/he is being discriminated against should report it immediately to the Human Resources department. The law and our policies prohibit retaliation against anyone for making such a report.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...