- Sports Equipment
27 French Ave
At PGA TOUR Superstore, we're always looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible individuals who will share a passion for helping transform our business. As one of the fastest growing specialty retailers, we're dedicated to hiring selfless team players from different backgrounds to influence the growth of our organization. Part of the Arthur M. Blank Family of Businesses, PGA TOUR Superstore continuously strives to create a family culture for our Associates - driven by our vision to inspire people through golf and tennis. Position Summary
Reporting to the Assistant Store Manager and/or General Manager, the Hard Goods Supervisor has direct Supervision over their team in the respected area. They are responsible for partnering with fellow members of the leadership team to ensure the execution of company initiatives, programs, and processes to develop associates, cultivate customers, and provide every customer with a world-class shopping experience
Overall Function of this Position:
- Responsible for specific managerial responsibilities within his/her assigned areas.
- Responsible for maximizing sales in his/her area(s) and ensuring that standard operating procedures are implemented and operational processes are in place.
- The Supervisor position has a focus on identifying sales opportunities and implementing plans and strategies to drive sales while maintaining a high standard of customer service.
- Must be capable of motivating themselves and their respective team to accomplish these goals and objective with a high sense of urgency.
- The Supervisor position is designed to provide an interim step for a manager to learn key aspects of managing an area of the store while being part of the store leadership team.
The Hard Goods Supervisor:
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Works directly with the Assistant Store Manager, General Manager and other Supervisors to provide leadership and team building essentials to the associates by driving sales and customer service. They will assist in ensuring that sales are the number one priority while making sure that all customers are provided a world-class shopping experience.
- Responsible for facilitating the ongoing development of his/her associates by making sure that they receive performance feedback and timely and effective training.
- Responsible for providing ongoing communication with the General Manager, Assistant Managers, and other Supervisors regarding opportunities to improve sales, merchandising, events, policies, and procedures.
- Responsible to ensure good in-stock levels and the execution of general inventory management practices by utilizing reports and communicating these findings with the Store Support Center.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working environment for both customers and associates.
- Communication: Strong listening and interpersonal skills. Candidates must possess good verbal and written communication skills and be able to communicate cross-functionally. Candidates communicate expectations and instructions to associates to execute company programs.
- Analytical: Candidates must have strong strategic skills, be able to forecast business needs, and develop comprehensive solutions to complex problems.
- Proven track record of identifying opportunities and solutions to increase sales and improve operational processes.
- Computer: Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and the Internet.
- Organization: Candidates must be able to organize multiple priorities to ensure that resources are properly allocated to meet objectives. They must have strong organizational and intuitive skills to make sound decisions without direct supervision.
- Education: The knowledge, skills, and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a G.E.D. or high school diploma.
- Experience: Two (2) years of experience in sales, management and associate development preferred.
- Working conditions and physical demands:
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, climb up and down a ladder, move throughout the store, and lift a 30 lb. box overhead.
- Candidate must be able to work a flexible work week, and work nights, weekends, and holidays depending on business needs.
PGA TOUR Superstores is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Other Duties
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We comply with all laws that prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, and any other legally protected status. Employment discrimination isn't just unlawful, it violates our policies and is not who we are. Every associate at every level in the organization is prohibited from engaging in any form of discrimination.
An associate who believes s/he is being discriminated against should report it immediately to the Human Resources department. The law and our policies prohibit retaliation against anyone for making such a report.
Associated topics: associate manager, director, lead, leader, major gift officer, manage, manager retail, shift supervisor, supervisor, team lead
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...