- $111,340.00 -202,650.00/year*
27 French Ave
Symmons Industries is seeking a Data Scientist / Machine Learning Engineer to join our progressive engineering and innovation team. The Data Scientist / Machine Learning Engineer will drive innovation into new markets and technologies as we continue our digital transformation. In this role you will lead the data science aspects of our Internet of Things (IoT) products. The ideal candidate will have worked in a data driven product development environment, have experience developing machine learning infrastructure and software, and be familiar with SQL, relational databases, statistical tools, and scripting/programming languages. If you are looking for a company that truly values their team members and encourages ideas and creativity, then we invite you to come talk to us about joining our family. Symmons is the Smart Choice!
* Lead the full data science life-cycle from analysis, conception, prototyping, testing, deploying, to measuring its overall value to our customers
* Define and create our machine learning infrastructure and analytical tool set
* Apply machine learning and other statistical approaches to live and historical telemetry data from our system of sensors (e.g. temperature, humidity, pressure, flow) to uncover insights valuable to our customers
* Develop models to identify and understand anomalies and trends
* Develop a testing framework to assist model evaluation
* Incorporate these models into our products which inform and alert our customers via SMS, apps, and dashboards
* Communicate and visualize the output of analyses to internal and external customer
* Deliver feedback based on how the data and system is used by our customer
* Mentor and support internal training in data science and machine learning
* Participate in the broader data science community to stay current with methodologies, software, and trends
Interfaces with consultants, customers, sales, and customer support, and works on a national, regional or global basis
* BS, MS, or PhD degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Engineering, or related field
* 2+ years of experience in a data driven product development environment
* Experience developing machine learning software and an understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliability
* Experience with SQL and relational databases
* Experience with machine learning / statistical tools such as R, Spark, TensorFlow, Python scikit-learn, or Keras
* Experience with Python, C/C++, Java, or other scripting and programming languages
* AWS experience a plus
* Entrepreneurial mindset with an ability to define and lead this space for Symmons
Symmons Industries is a premier manufacturer of commercial and residential plumbing products, setting the standard for quality in plumbing fittings since 1939. From the pioneering development of our pressure balancing anti-scald shower valve, to our expansive range of exceptional customized Design Studio products for the kitchen and bath - we have maintained an unrivaled commitment to quality materials, superior engineering and solid workmanship. As an industry leader, Symmons continues to innovate within the custom fittings category, creating distinctive design solutions for premium hospitality and condominium projects. Pairing reliable behind the wall technology with stylish and durable products in front of the wall, Symmons is truly the smart choice in plumbing. Headquartered in Braintree, MA, Symmons is a privately-held company with regional sales offices and local representatives located throughout the United States and Canada. For more information please visit www.symmons.com.
Symmons offers a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits and a 401k plan with 100% match up to the first 6% of eligible wages with immediate vesting.
Please submit your application/resume at:
Associated topics: data center, data engineer, data integration, data manager, data management, database, database administrator, hbase, mongo database administrator, sql
Associated topics: data center, data engineer, data management, data quality, data scientist, data warehousing, database administrator, sql, sybase, teradata
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...